Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Cheesesteak Shop

1626 Cypress Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 934-7017
www.cheesesteakshop.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

I was in the mood for a hoagie today, and had actually planned on going to the Locust Street Deli when someone suggested we go to The Cheesesteak Shop in Walnut Creek. At first I said no, but then remembered that they also have hoagies, and figured heres a good chance to give them a try. The hoagies, like their cheesesteaks are offered in 7", 10" and 15" sizes. I went with the 10" Itallian Hoagie ($6.99) along with a Butterscotch Tastykake ($1 due to half price side orders Wednesdays!). After a few minutes they called my name and I went to pick up my sandwich. I thought it was a bit odd that the ham was layered on top, with the sweet peppers on top of it with everything else tucked in the roll, which made it a little difficult to eat. The sandwich was good though, with provolone cheese, Mortadella, Salami, Capicollo and Ham along with the usual vegetables and oil and vinegar (I asked for extra, but don't think I got it). The thing that stood out the most would probably have to be the sweet peppers. I always opt against them when I get a cheesesteak from here, but thought they might go well with this, and they really did. In all, certainly not the best hoagie I've ever had (Sure wish I could remember the name of the place we got some to go when I was in Philly a while back - Those were the best) but not bad for $6.99. As for the Tastykake, I'll be eating that tonight and I'm sure it will be good as always.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $10 no tip

No comments: