
2072 San Pablo AveBerkeley, CA 94702
(510) 644-3977
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I went to Priya Indian Restaurant in Berkeley for their buffet ($9.99) today. I used to go to the Priya in Folsom, and the one in Rancho Cordova all the time so when I heard there was one here, I had to try it. This location is located on San Pablo ave, and is a little larger than the others I've been to. The first thing I noticed was there was a really good selection. I think about 4 different meat type dishes, and about 5 or so vegetarian ones. I as usual tried a little of everything, and it was all good. The only thing I didn't care for would be the goat. It had good flavor, and was really tender, it just, like most goat, had a lot of bones and random veins and fat and other things that just generally creep me out. Their tandoori was really good, as well as the saag. There was also a mushroom dish which was very tasty. For dessert they had a mango pudding type dish which was really good with grapes and pineapples mixed in. The service was very friendly, and I liked that they leave a pitcher of water at each table. And even though they leave the pitcher there, when I went back for seconds my glass had been filled while I was gone. I am going to have to give it a somewhat low score for cleanliness however as my first fork had a piece of dried rice stuck in it, and I saw a dirty plate in the stack at the buffet line. Other than that everything seemed clean enough though and I would reccomend trying out Priya Indian Restaurant.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 5
Avg cost per person - $12 with tip for buffet
No comments:
Post a Comment