
5588 Springdale AvePleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 734-0222
www.trivalleyseafood.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I went out for lunch today to Tri Valley Seafood in Pleasanton. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that the place was packed, and I was about the only white person there. Two very good signs of a Chinese restaurant. The second thing I noticed were the tanks of live fish lining the back wall. I also didn't realize it at first, but the place is apparently foremost a dim sum restaurant. Unfortunately I was by myself, so dim sum for one doesn't really work out so I went with the lunch menu. I ordered the mongolian beef lunch special ($6.95) which started with a cup of egg drop. Included were a scoop of rice, some broccoli, a really tasty spring roll, and the main dish itself. When I ordered they asked me if I wanted mild, medium, or spicy. Being that I can't seem to get rid of this annoying cough, and spice somtimes sends me in to a coughing fit I went with medium to avoid embarrassing myself. Unfortunately I also dropped my Iphone into my plate of food when taking the picture you see, which sent mongolian beef flying everywhere. So much for not embarrasing myself. The manager guy was really nice and came by and wiped off my book which had a nice page covered in sauce. Anyway, back to the food. The sauce was good enough. Honestly for medium I would have liked a bit more spice. The onions were done OK. The meat, however, was suspect. It almost looked like it could have been thinly sliced pork. It tasted OK enough, but certainly not great. I will go back some time and try some other dishes, as well as their dim sum which looked really good.
Quality of food = 6
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $10 with tip
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I went out for lunch today to Tri Valley Seafood in Pleasanton. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that the place was packed, and I was about the only white person there. Two very good signs of a Chinese restaurant. The second thing I noticed were the tanks of live fish lining the back wall. I also didn't realize it at first, but the place is apparently foremost a dim sum restaurant. Unfortunately I was by myself, so dim sum for one doesn't really work out so I went with the lunch menu. I ordered the mongolian beef lunch special ($6.95) which started with a cup of egg drop. Included were a scoop of rice, some broccoli, a really tasty spring roll, and the main dish itself. When I ordered they asked me if I wanted mild, medium, or spicy. Being that I can't seem to get rid of this annoying cough, and spice somtimes sends me in to a coughing fit I went with medium to avoid embarrassing myself. Unfortunately I also dropped my Iphone into my plate of food when taking the picture you see, which sent mongolian beef flying everywhere. So much for not embarrasing myself. The manager guy was really nice and came by and wiped off my book which had a nice page covered in sauce. Anyway, back to the food. The sauce was good enough. Honestly for medium I would have liked a bit more spice. The onions were done OK. The meat, however, was suspect. It almost looked like it could have been thinly sliced pork. It tasted OK enough, but certainly not great. I will go back some time and try some other dishes, as well as their dim sum which looked really good.
Quality of food = 6
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $10 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment