
2468 Shattuck AveBerkeley, CA 94704
(510) 540-6360
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I had an excellent lunch the other day at the Tuk Tuk Thai Cafe in Berkeley. I was going to order the Pra Rahm Chicken ($7.95) but it didn't include any soup. It was a freezing day outside, so I really wanted soup, which the waiter said only was included with the lunch specials. He brought me out a lunch special menu and I saw their "famous" Pumpkin curry ($7.95). Figured this sounded interesting, and was in season. Why not give it a shot? A couple minutes later they brought out the soup, which was a chicken broth based soup with some cabbage and other vegetables. Not the Tom Kha Gai I was hoping for, but it was good. Then a few minutes after that they brought out the curry. There was a little bowl of the curry, and some rice. The curry was delicious. I know what most of you are thinking; Pumpkin curry? Sounds wierd. It does, but it was great. Perfect amount of spice, and the flavor was terrific. There were actual good sized pieces of pumpkin rind in the curry which again, sounds odd, but really worked. The staff were all nice and friendly, and the environment was vibrant. If in Berkeley, check out the Tuk Tuk Thai Cafe for a great meal.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $10 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment