
4220-C Rosewood DrivePleasanton, Ca 94588
(925) 463-8801
www.simply-greek.com
Map it
Menu
Review This Restaurant
Had a great lunch today at Simply Greek in Pleasanton. I guess this is their second location, with the first being in Oakland. Its a small location in a strip mall, not much in the way of ambiance going on. Me, I was here for the food though, and not the ambiance (Not really looking for ambiance during lunch) I knew I wanted a Gyro, but also wanted something on the side and wasn't quite sure what. I almost ordered a tossed green salad ($1.95) with Greek dressing but then saw the Feta & Tomato ($2.50) and was glad I did. It was a very nice portion of feta cut into little triangles served with tomatos sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil and greek oregano and was delicious. I also ordered a Gyro ($5.95) which was good size, stuffed full of both beef and lamb, tomatoes and onions with a really tasty tzatziki sauce. The meat was very good and tasty. The pita was really good too. In all it was the best Gyro Ive had in a while, the tomato and feta was awesome and I look forward to trying some of the other items on their menu soon.
Quality of food = 9
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $8 no tip
4 comments:
Went back to Simply Greek today and tried their Chicken Slouvakia ($6.95) in a pita. It also was very good, with grilled peppers and onions. Tasty!
Went back for lunch again today with a friend from work. I had planned on ordering the Lamb Slouvakia ($7.95) in a pita but he was ahead of me and ordered the same thing and was told they cant do the lamb one in a pita, to just order a Gyro. He ended up ordering it just a la carte over rice. Although it looked good (And he said it was) it wasn't much food. He actually ended up buying a Gyro when he was done which he also liked. I dont understand why they will do the chicken in a pita but not the lamb?
Back for lunch again today and had a gyro ($5.95). Good as ever.
Simply Greek, how I've missed thee. After I stopped working in the area I stopped going here. Now that I am back working in the area again, I made a visit back for the first time in a while today. I received a coupon in the mail for 15% off, so it reminded me of the place. When I ordered and showed the guy the coupon he was very excited because apparently they sent out 40,000 of these things and I was the first one to turn one in. As my prize I got a free baklava. Other than that I ordered a gyro, and the feta a tomato salad. Both were as good as ever. Good to be back.
Post a Comment