Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Chevys

5877 Owens Dr
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 416-0451
www.chevys.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

A Tostada Salad sounded good today so I decided to go the Chevys in Dublin for the first time. As I walked up to it, the first thing I noticed is; This is the biggest damn Chevys Ive ever seen. No kidding. The place is huge. You cant really even see half of it from my picture. It was about half full when I walked in. Not surprising for such a big place at lunch time. Anyway, I was seated and before too long my waiter came by to take my order. I ordered the Tostada Salad with Fajita chicken ($10.49). This was Fajita grilled chicken, refried beans, hearts of romaine, jack and cheddar cheeses, guac, and sour cream in a tortilla shell. After about 15 min or so the food came out. It was really good size, and looked pretty much like the ones Ive ordered at other Chevys. For the most part everything was good other than the tortilla shell was a little stale, and the chicken could have been grilled a bit longer. It wasnt raw, just could have been cooked a bit longer and had a bit more flavor. Unfortunately after the waiter took my order the service went down hill. I'm pretty sure he forgot about my water I asked for until he saw a waitress bringing waters out to another table at least 10 minutes later. I also asked for another thing of salsa (Which I pour over the salad like a dressing) and that seemed to be forgotten about as well until I asked again about 10 min into my meal. In all, Chevys is your typical chain Mexican restaurant. Not great. Not horrible. Usually pretty predictable and reliable. If you are in the mood for Mexican, and theres no good authentic places nearby then go there. If you are near this one you are better off going somewhere like Casa Orozco.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 6
Value = 6
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $15 with tip

No comments: