
4000 Pimlico Dr # 106Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 251-9877
www.littlehomethai.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I like to try new places, which is why this website is perfect for me. I had to go to Trader Joes in Pleasanton at lunch today so I decided I would see what was in the general area and try something out. The two things that stuck out in the immediate area were an Indian place, and a Thai restaurant. Indian had been sounding good so I went over there first and looked at their menu posted in the window. It was kindof Indian with a twist, with wraps being a large part of their menu. Very well could have been good, but wasnt in the mood today so I walked over to the Thai place. It doesnt look like much from the outside, typical fronting of a restaurant in a strip mall, but once you walk in the door you feel like you have walked into a different place. The decor is very well done, with many Thai artifacts to give it a very authentic feel. I liked the lighting as well. I was in the mood for Pra Rahm chicken so I scoured the menu looking for it, and found it for $7.95. Before they even took my order they had dropped off a really tasty cup of what could be described as a sweet, mildly spicy noodle and vegetable soup. About 10 minutes later my food arrived. The first thing I noticed was typically Pra Rahm will come with the chicken, the peanut sauce and usually just spinach. This had an assortment of vegetables which were all very fresh and crispy. The only thing I didnt care for was the string beans, but then again I dont usually care for string beans in pretty much anything. The quality of the chicken was very good. The peanut sauce very tasty. If I were to reccomend one thing next time it would be that they drain the vegetables a bit more next time as they watered down the sauce a little which was a shame. Bottom line, if you are looking for somewhere in the Pleasanton area to get a tasty, authentic Thai dish served in a cool atmosphere try Little Home Thai.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $12 with tip
1 comment:
Went back to Little Home Thai for lunch today and had a GREAT lunch. I wasn't sure if I wanted the Fried Soft Shell Crab ($8.25) for the Yellow Curry Prawns and the Spicy Crispy Chicken ($8.95). I asked the waiter which one he thought was better and he pointed me towards the prawns and chicken. When it came out it was served in two seperate little bowls as well as a bowl for the steamed rice. Although the prawns in the yellow curry were good, the spicy crispy chicken stole the show. Damn it was good. The white meat chicken was nice and crispy, and the sauce which was a sweet/spicy chili paste sauce was just awesome. I will definitely have to try some of their other dishes with it that I saw on the menu.
Post a Comment